Founded in 1986 by a true Gandhian Sri Parimi Viswanadha, VIKASA is an NGO registered under the Societies Registration Act (1860) (Registration NO: 205 of 1986 FCRA No: 0300096792016), with its administrative office at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Natural Resources Management based livelihood development, in Agriculture and Horticulture
- Reviving culturally embedded practices
- Livestock Strengthening
- Gravity based irrigation
- Market Linkages for in-land fisherfolk
- Women empowerment through Mutually Aided Cooperative Thrift Societies (MACTS)
- Holistic village development with a focus on education, health and sanitation, adolescent awareness
Focus Districts Visakhapatnam (Araku, Dumbriguda Chodavaram, Bheemunipatnam mandals)
Dr. Padmasri I V Subba Rao Memorial Raithu Nestham Award for 2022, under Extension Category. Award presented by former Vice-President of India, Mr. Venkayya Naidu.
Rajiv Gandhi Patri Bhumi Mitra 1997 by DoRD, GoI for its impactful work on forest restoration and wasteland development into productive agricultural lands in Visakhapatnam District.